The course uses Montessori pedagogy to arouse interest in English language for younger children. The students will be introduced to the phonetic sounds of the alphabet as well as the proper strokes. This will set the early foundation for future decoding, coding and blending skill sets acquisition.
The students will be able to associate the phonetic sounds of the 26 alphabets and learn to associate beginning sounds to the correct objects and pictures. Upon successful completion of the course, the students will be ready to progress to the next level of English language appreciation.
During the course, students will be engaged in a prepared environment with emphasis on the following deliverables :
•Close monitoring of individual’s learning progress
•Structured curriculum tailored to individual’s learning progress
•Practice of phonetic sounds using the beginning sounds in objects and pictures
•Association of concrete, abstract materials to phonetic sound
Contents to cover include:
• Sandpaper Letters
• Beginning sounds and objects
• Beginning sounds and pictures
• Face to face teaching during classroom sessions
• Association of sounds to alphabets, objects and pictures
• Motor skills practicum to reinforcement association
• The teacher will assess each child on an individual basis before introducing new contents and materials
• Home reinforcement exercise using the company’s proprietary software allows a personalised and continuous reinforcement system
Recommended age: 3 to 4 years old
Students need to be assessed before formal intake.